QDMS, a tracking system that manages the distribution of controlled documents in a project environment
The purpose of
QDMS in regard to document control is to provide a complete management system
for engineering documents in a project environment. Key elements of
this purpose include:
- Maintain a register of the current revision of all documents.
- Manage the distribution of documents via transmittal.
- Build an audit trail of who received what document, at what revision, when and why.
- As new and revised documents are received, maintain an auditable document history of received dates for
- Ensure recipients are issued the latest revisions of documents that they have previously received
at an earlier revision.
- Manage responses to transmittals such as drawing approvals.
- Manage the shop drawings submittal process.
- Manage transmittal acknowledgements.
- Enable viewing of documents on screen plus red lining capabilities for document reviews.